Yesterday was the doozy workout – fit test + max circuit intervals. 1.5 hours of crazy insane fun with Shaun T and the crew. I both loathe and love this workout. Loathe it because it’s a long day and I have to get up really early. Love it because I feel like a super woman after working out and actually making it through the workout without crying.
So the fit test results are (drumroll!!!)
- Switch kicks – 108 (+3)
- Power jacks – 54 (+8)
- Power knee – 109 (+2)
- Power jumps – 35 (+3)
- Globe jumps – 10 (no change)
- Suicide jumps – 16 (+1)
- Pushup jacks – 34 (+4)
- Low plank oblique – 53 (-6)
Overall not a bad fit test. I went down only on one thing from the fit test #2 and it was the last exercise so I’m wondering if i was burned out by then. Who knows…but I’m really happy with how much I’m improving every fit test and how much stronger I am getting.
So now – I’m 2 workouts into month 2. Month 2 is where the change happens IMO. The workouts start to really push your endurance and strength more here. I can tell I’m in much better shape than my last round of INSANITY because I’m jumping more during my workouts and burning more calories at a lower weight because of that. I just bought some inserts for my shoes to help my poor little flat feet out and they made a world of difference already. I also bought new shoes since the inserts were kind of big and didn’t fit well in my old shoes. Sucks since I just bought those a month ago…but necessary to protect my feet so I’m not complaining for real. I do NOT want to get hurt and be out of commission for weeks (months?) and I know that having flat feet means that I have to pay attention to what is going on with them and baby them now that I am doing more plyo during INSANITY.
1. I want to do a workout so bad I could cry lol. Ok not cry, but I would love a good workout. 15 more days.
2. Resting on the reset is really hard. Resting in the literal sense is fine. It’s the trying to actually really slow down and rest that is hard. My life is go, go, go and it’s been hard to find time to just chill. Today and yesterday were better relaxation days because it was the weekend, but I’m going to have to work hard to try to find this Monday – Friday. Maybe I will start sitting outside at lunch since its nice? It would certainly break up the day. I know quite a few of you are working a 9-5 same as I am – so what do you do during the day to get a breath of fresh air?
3. Reset food. Here are collages of the food of days 3-5. Day 1 was posted here and day 2 here. As you can see, this isn’t a starvation program, you eat a lot. Sometimes it’s too much almost. But when you eat fresh whole foods your portions are just larger. And when I duplicated a meal I sometimes forgot to take a pic, oops, lol. You can catch that I’m sure. I didn’t eat exactly the same fruit portions I’m sure, but it was in general the same thing.
I don’t do snacks, I just don’t really honestly have time to fit them in with the supplement timing and I am not really hungry. In addition the the food below I’m also drinking around 100 fl oz of water a day…so I’m really honestly not hungry, I’m just full of water and full of food 🙂 I take the alkalinize with a decent amount of water and that happens right when I would want a snack in the afternoon.
So today starts the 3rd day of the reset. I feel SO much better after 2 days of super clean eating that it’s amazing. I know that food can heal and that food is the best medicine, but it’s always amazing to feel the change. As you can see in the picture below, the food on the reset through day 2 still includes meat and also has a lot of grains and variety. I was definitely full all day. I don’t typically eat oatmeal, but maybe I need to add it in more again…it’s always really good when I have it…then I guess I forget, lol!
So that is what I ate yesterday. This morning I took this picture. My body looks better, closer to how I looked when I finished Insanity. My stomach bloat is almost all gone and my stomach aches I started to get again have disappeared again. I really am starting to feel back to normal..the way I felt back in early February.
I am shocked honestly at how little cravings I have. Before this I was craving everything again….crap food, junk food, sugar, quantity over quality…all of the things that made me 300 lbs before. And it scared the crap out of me. I know it was stress related, because that is when all of this started. But I didn’t really appreciate it until I started doing this reset. Right now I have more free time because I’m not working out, not doing so much laundry, not rushing to bed…essentially creating the me time I need by making my life a little simpler. And that then means my stress is naturally much lower…and that makes everything with diet so much easier. I need to file this little lesson away – next time I feel like I can’t handle myself and food it’s time to s l o w it down. Take more time for myself. I’m taking that right now. I’ll be focusing on doing more personal development, talking to positive people, sleeping, spending time with my husband, spending time with my sister….just taking the reset literally. Letting go of the baggage and crap and letting in the positive and calm.