Hitting the road for a few days of work followed by a few days of fun. I’m so ready. I travel about 1-2 weeks a month typically for work and maybe once every other month for fun. I’ve been in the office for 3 straight weeks and I’ve had a massive case of cabin fever so the timing for all this is perfect. Not that work is any easier on the road – but it’s just nice to get away.
That said – it’s not time to get away from the plan. I’ve lost a lot of weight week one of the plan (6.6 lbs!!!!) and I know if I want to keep that off and keep it moving I have to keep putting in work. And yes, I know that I won’t lose almost 7 lbs every single week (or ever again most likely) but I’m enjoying the first week of the nutrition plan + the first week of insanity double wammy on my scale 🙂
So what’s the plan?
1. Insanity! The beauty of Insanity is that it is a cardio only program that requires no equipment. So I’m bringing it with me, at least for the work portion. The fun portion is with my hubby, so I probably won’t be able to hop around the hotel room at 6am without risking divorce so I will most likely take it to the hotel gym.
2. Folder of knowledge. I have a folder that has my Max Muscle Nutrition plan, Insanity schedule, the Dining Out Guide from Fitbook and some other general info from the nutritionist. I’m not at home but I can strive to order as close to the plan as possible and I can use the dining out guide to help me navigate situations that are hard. I won’t be picking the restaurant for a lot of this trip, so it’s vital I have a game plan.
3. Workout gear. Goes without saying – but unless it’s literally an overnight there and back trip, I always carry my shoes, fitness clothes, and sports bras. For a trip for this long where I have multiple workouts planned, I bring 2 sets of clothes so I can rinse out and hang up to dry between workouts. It’s impractical usually to bring more than 2 full sets and have room for everything else I need.
4. Fitbook. I know, I’m a junkie. But it is the best food/fitness journal ever. I plan on doing my weekly wrap up and plan tomorrow AM on my flight so I walk into my first meal out of town (lunch w/ coworkers) with a fresh plan in my head.
5. Smash Inspiration Book. I’m a scrapbooker and I bought a smash book a while back because it was the craze on all the boards. Yeah I got sucked in. But I didn’t know what to smash. Well the other week I decided to make my smash book my vision board. This way it’s easily portable and I can have it with me to look at when times are rough and when I need extra umph to keep it going. Also if something strikes me when I’m on the road, I can just throw it in there. The smash pens have a glue stick on them – so it’s very portable. This, like my folder of knowledge, are mental crutches.
6. Bag o’ Food. Yep, I’m one of those people. I have a bag with a small container of protein powder, blender ball, protein bars and my vitamins. I am going into many meetings and I will go straight from the airport to the first meeting. I can’t bring perishable food with me and as you know, you are very limited as to what can go through airport security. Real food is best for sure – but if I’m stuck and the option is a vending machine or my protein bar – which one will keep me on track? Obviously the bar. I’m going for a general be prepared situation. My flight is extremely short so I don’t have to pack a ton to eat on the flight which keeps my carry on situation manageable.
I’m going to lay out my travel day plan tonight in my Fitbook. I need to finish packing and then get to bed. And also confirm my flight time…because I’m honestly not sure right now which is a serious problem. I also have a few housekeeping tasks to finish – I can’t leave out of town without making sure the trash is taken out, dishwasher is run, and things are just neat and tidy.
Yikes…that’s a lot to get done and very little time….g’night!!